Saturday, June 23, 2007

I'm rubbish

Dragged Best Friend up to plot today ("Come for a day in Cambridge! We'll do lovely outdoors things. The Backs? Well, the back of somewhere.") I'm rubbish. My garlic and onions have bolted, slugs are devouring the runner beans, accidentally planted dwarf beans around my bean pole pyramid, so will now have to replace them, and my lawn is four foot tall.

On the upside, fed Best Friend raspberries, strawberries, raw peas, raw broad beans, redcurrants, blackcurrants and gooseberries. Then went to see my friends' plot, which is what mine should have looked like, and discovered a public cherry tree that we foraged from (looked like monkeys). So I may be rubbish, but BF thinks I'm great.

6 Comments:

Blogger Melanie Rimmer said...

Hi, I found your blog whilst browing for other allotment gardening/self-sufficiency blogs. I enjoyed reading your entries (although you haven't updated for a little while - the crappy weather getting you down, huh?) and I especially liked your blog's name. I have added you to my links at www.bean-sprouts.blogspot.com

If you'd like to link back to me that would be great, but of course it is entirely up to you.

Regards,

10:28 am  
Blogger Mystic Veg said...

Hi, you've been tagged by Mystic Veg. You need to list seven things we don't know about you, then tag five other bloggers.

4:49 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad to see you are still writing.
i got washed out in 2007 from all the flooding - not even sure I'm allowed back to my allotment because I neglected it so much !

1:41 pm  
Blogger Simon said...

Hey hey, haven't laughed so much in ages. Thanks for a brilliant entertaining read. So how about 2008?? There isn't much on telly since I put the brick through it.

10:58 pm  
Blogger The Garden Monkey said...

Hooray.

You have been nominated for a Fork 'n Monkey Award.

Visit and Vote here.

http://forknmonkey.blogspot.com/2008/04/youre-my-favourite-waste-of-time.html

9:48 pm  
Anonymous beth said...

Interesting artice. Enjoyed going through it.

2:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama

BritBlog Needs You! Top of the British Blogs